‘Non-binary’ Episcopalian preacher goes viral for anti-Christian, LGBT blasphemy
‘So, if you’re going to deny God is trans, you’re going to be denying the divinity of Our Lord Jesus Christ,' the gender-confused Episcopalian preacher shockingly declared. An Episcopalian preacher claimed that God is “trans” and that Jesus Christ “transitioned” after His resurrection in a March sermon delivered at New York City’s Cathedral Church of St. John the Divine.
Rev. Flourish Klink, whose given name is Madeline and who identifies as both non-binary and transgender, began her “Trans Day of Visibility” sermon by suggesting “God is non-binary, but I’m going to go further than that and say that God is actually also trans.”
“When God, who, as we have established, is non-binary, was born in human form as our Lord Jesus Christ, Mary said, ‘Oh look, a baby boy,” the preacher said.
“God isn’t a boy,” said Klink, contradicting Sacred Scripture. “We have established this.”
“God was assigned a gender at birth, and later on it became clear that that gender wasn’t quite right,” she claimed.
“So, if you’re going to deny God is trans, you’re going to be denying the divinity of Our Lord Jesus Christ,” Klink outrageously declared.
“When Jesus was resurrected, Jesus was different,” she continued. “Jesus didn’t look like Himself. There was something different about Jesus. The Bible doesn’t tell us why it is that Jesus’ best friends – the disciples, the people who had walked with Him to the end of His life, the people who buried Him in the tomb when it was politically difficult, who were committed to Him – still didn’t recognise Jesus for a good long time.”
“I don’t know for sure. I wasn’t there,” the preacher allowed. “But based on everything else I know about God, I have an idea: I think Jesus was resurrected as Jesus’ true self, which is beyond male or female.”
“I think Jesus was not only transfigured; I think Jesus was transitioned,” Klink concluded.
X users were quick to point out that Mary did not assign Jesus’ gender. The angel Gabriel told her that she would bear a son: The angel said to her, “Do not be afraid, Mary, for you have found favour with God. And now, you will conceive in your womb and bear a son, and you will name him Jesus” (Luke 1:30-31 NRSVACE).