Gay man sexually assaulted woman in a nightclub toilet- said it was OK because 'he was gay'

This article clearly portrays the total lack of morals held by many in the homosexual community. 

A woman has recalled the night a gay man grabbed her vagina in a nightclub and said his sexuality did not excuse the assault.

Sydney journalist Shannon Power said a total stranger put his hand up her skirt in a club on the LGBT strip at Oxford Street in inner-Sydney.

Ms Power said she was compelled to write about the experience for Star Observer after realising it was not an isolated incident, with men often using the defence: 'It's OK babe, I'm gay.'

But she has said it's no excuse. She had gone looking for a colleague at a Christmas party last year after he ran off sick in the gay club, when she ended up in a set of restrooms.

'In the restrooms were three guys, one was looking in the mirror, one was in the cubicle and the third upon my entrance started talking to me,' Ms Power wrote.

'I asked if he had seen my colleague – he had not – but then he proceeded to put his hand up my dress and grab my private lady parts. 'You read right, a guy who I did not know, to whom I did not give consent, reached down to my nether regions and GRABBED MY VAGINA.'

Ms Power said she told him not to touch her, but he did a second time anyway. The Sydney journalist said it was not an uncommon experience, with some men who grope women using the excuse: 'It's ok babe, I'm gay!'

Are gays a law unto themselves?
'I'm here to tell you it's definitely not acceptable to sexually assault someone under any circumstances,' Ms Power wrote.

'Your sexuality combined with my gender are not exceptions to that rule, just don't ever touch someone without consent. 'Just because you're gay and not attracted to women doesn't mean you're entitled to do what you like with your bodies.'

Ms Power said she wrote the story after telling a few people about her experience. She said she 'realised unsolicited groping was happening to lots of different people and shouldn't go unchecked'. 'What I found unbelievable was how many people have rejected my claims because they don't believe a gay man would be interested in groping a woman,' Ms Power said.

'But sexual assault is rarely about attraction, but rather entitlement and power, especially over women's bodies. 'There's no excuse to grab someone's private parts, whether they're male, female, non-binary, trans, gay or straight.'

Ms Power said some readers had been 'quick to be defensive' because they thought she was 'lumping all gay men into one basket'. 'I have been in the LGBTI scene for the better part of 20 years (yes, I'm an oldie) and while this is not something that happens every time I hit up Oxford St or the gay clubs in Collingwood (which is far too many times in a week), it has happened to me many times over the years.'

Popular posts from this blog

Ontario Catholic school board to vote on flying gay ‘pride flag’ at all board-run schools

Christian baker must make ‘wedding’ bakes for gay couples, court rules

Australia: Gay Hate tribunals are coming