Ex-Gays overcome homosexual tendencies by God's love

Regarding the Claim That This is About ‘Conversion Therapy’

Publications like LGBTQ Nation have written articles dismissing the Freedom March, casting doubt on the idea that people can actually overcome their homosexual tendencies. 
LGBTQ Nation’s article equates the Freedom March with promotion of conversion therapy. American psychological associations have denounced conversion therapy as ineffective and harmful.
Mr. Wheelock said he had to research conversion therapy because people were accusing him of promoting it. Conversion therapy had nothing to do with his freedom from the homosexual life, nor does he promote it. 
He added that a couple of times parents have asked him to speak with gay teens, and he found out the teens were totally uninterested in changing. He told the parents he was not going to force their child to meet with him or change. Conversion therapy, he says, tries to force people to change.
The message of his life, Wheelock says, is: “changed by love.”
“It wasn’t all that stuff that convinced me. It was feeling the presence and the love of God that showed me He had a different path for me. I thought I was doing everything I wanted as I pursued that life and I was free. What I found out is that I was really tying myself up into bondage,” he said. “This is freedom now.”
Freedom, he says, is “feeling the love of God and being free to be who God made me to be, and who I feel comfortable being now.”

Popular posts from this blog

Ontario Catholic school board to vote on flying gay ‘pride flag’ at all board-run schools

Christian baker must make ‘wedding’ bakes for gay couples, court rules

Australia: Gay Hate tribunals are coming